Monday, December 30, 2013

"Art"ist Trading Blocks- Pinky Style

 You'l have to excuse my mess today- I was busy playing
artist! LOL When my friend Eileen Hull asked me if I could
create a couple artists trading blocks for CHA I thought "Ok
no big deal!"  I love creating for CHA anyways so I just added it to my list. 
Then these little boxes came and I hit a wall!
What a great idea for Sizzix & Eileen to create the Block Dies
but it was all so new to me!

 I decided to open my mind and just go with it. 
I dug deep inside and decided for it to be a reflection of 
my heart and who I really am inside. 
I covered each Matboard die that she sent me in light cocoa shimmer,
and them used my Clear Scraps Brick Wall Mascil on the largest block-
with gritty blue Smooch Spritz. 
Then I spritzed them with a muddy color. I wish the shimmer was 
more apparent in my photos but it's fine. 
On the smaller blocks I coated them with the shimmer, then
instead of just spritzing them- I heat embossed them with copper
as the bricks. A little stronger and prettier and visible. 
Each block represents who "she was" and who "she is"
and has words to describe life in formation. 
The smallest block I coated in glitter but not all the way- I scratched
some off and filed a little here and there. 
Added the Matboard hearts and a beautiful free spirit dancer
to the top. 
They won't be the fanciest you will see, or the most layered
or the most beautiful...but then again neither am I! LOL
But they are all me! 
You can find out more about the Artists Trading Blocks here:
http://eileenhull.blogspot.com/
http://theartistsontheblock.com/
The Mascils are on
www.clearscraps.com
I would love to create some more! They were fun- look for them at CHA! :) 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy* said...

These ARE soooo beautiful Pinky! I can tell that you put your heART and soul into these ATBs! I love the shimmer, the sentiments and absolutely adore the tiny dancer! What a fabulous collection to add to the CHA display...you totally rocked these blocks :)

Amy*