Tuesday, May 15, 2012

~Sports Card & Layout Using Song By A Friend~

 Good morning my crafty friends, 

Couple of projects today....first of all this card I made
using the Trinity Paper Arts Making The Team papers,
Don't forget to check it out! :) 

Then a digital layout I made for a contest....at NDISB.
This layout is special because a friend sent me this song she wrote
because she knew I was struggling.
Not only was it amazing but I asked her if I could use
it in my scrapbooking. For her therapy is music, for me it is crafting.
Because I don't really want to point faces out (I don't really roll like that)
I used duct tape and paint to cover the photo. I really just wanted it
for my scrapbook to remind me that I have true amazing friends who
stand there even if it is silently, they are there and know how I feel
and are amazingly supportive when I need it. 

Lesson learned for sure...not just a lesson learned about people
I should not trust but HUGE lessons on people I should trust~
The ones that step forward quietly and offer a gentle hand of kindred-ship. 

For the layout I used the Oh La La digital kit from Samantha Walker. 
I really love it, I am going to print it off and give up BOTH a copy! :) 

Happy Tuesday my friends....off to have breakfast with a birthday girlfriend,
then a BIG game tonight...I don't have high hopes but hopefully the kids have fun!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kray said...

Very cute!

Ziggyeor said...

cute card and I like the LO.

I just read the Mother's Day post. Too friggen funny. Love the new rifle though ;)