Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Travel Necessities Holder- Adorn-it Fabric

Hello Monday and hello friends, 

 Many of you may know (or not) that I am definitely not a rule follower, I have been sewing for 25 years and I don't pin, I make up my own patterns and I just do what I like...so here is an easy Travel Case Idea with no pins, no pattern just numbers and straight lines:

Trim fabric to 17X8" and 5X8" contrasting. 
Stitch 8" side together- creating 22" long strip of fabric. 
Fold over in half to create 4" wide band. Stitch along bottom and side leaving top open. 
Turn right way and tap out corners. 
Fold fabric up to meet contrasting fabric, and create long pocket for toothbrush and toothpaste. 
Sew sides together. 
Stitch top closed or invisible stitch it closed. 
Fold over and add velcro OR button or leave as is. 
Now this will hold your summer travel necessities without a ziploc bag- and it can be washed!
I used the beautiful Adorn-it fabric for this project you can see all my 
Adorn-it projects on their blog!
and a giveaway here:
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue D said...

Very pretty and clever.