Monday, April 28, 2008

Scrappin' Hard


I was challenged to scrap something hard.
Well what little I remember from my childhood is a sordid mess of molestation and fear.
And I only have maybe 4 or 5 pictures of my childhood and it is only because I stole them, then scanned them , then printed them myself.
I have to say now that I have moved 3300 miles away from those people it is easier for me to deal with and scrap, although never will be easy.
So this is the LO I did.
The lace is Paper lace I used as a stamp, I stamped it in negative then used the positive in the opposite direction.
Sorry if this is scary scrapping to some. I scrap from my heart.
The journaling in the red says.....

"They say Time Heals all wounds, I don't know if that is true.
Sometimes you just have to pull yourself up, and make sure your kids don't suffer the same way. And you have to stand STRONG and LOUD!"


Also all around the LO I used the lyrics to Evanescence music, the song Immmortal.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase


You used to captivate me
By your resonating life
Now I'm bound by the life you've left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me


It just seemed fitting to me. I loved doing the LO it was hard but I was proud of it.

1 comment:

Jenster said...

Hiya, girl! I'm just catching up on some of your older posts and I have to tell you I love this page, because it shows a little of what you've been through and shows that you're a survivor. It's also very moving. I think all the pages that I've seen are very creative and whimsical, but so far this one is my favorite because of its substance. Keep scrapping from the heart!