Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What it means to be plus sized?



I was watching Phat Girlz the other night. Total cheezball movie I would not normally watch. But I still connected on an emotional level with the silly show.

Watching her sit in her room with a dresser full of diet pills and an "idea" of what normal is supposed to be.

I really connected with her especially because she is not the typical TV size 10 or 12 "plus sized" gal, She is a 24/26 plus sized beauty just like me!

I realized that even though I have come so far in accepting myself.....I still get those insecure twinges and I also realized I can never EVER let myself quit being aware and showing others it is OK to be beautiful and BIG! Because for that one person it might make feel better like Monique does for me....it MIGHT touch hundreds of others!

So even if its silly or funny or just being myself....strong, beautiful and unique. Then so be it.

People MUST see it because I have strangers approach me every day...and most times they say "GIRL you are one brave woman!, or Your must be strong to wear that Pink hair!"

Well, you know what? I don't think of it that way. But I bet you some other plus sized gal who is feeling low that day just might see it and think...."wow that is so cool!" Because when I see beautiful Plus sized woman I do the same damn thing!


3 comments:

Cakescraps said...

You are great. That's all I can say. Love ya!

mE said...

Hey lady!

I just have to say that YOU ROCK!

Keep on rocking with the pink hair and plus sized clothes!! I think that more plus size mommas need to know it's ok to not be a size 12 to be beautiful and confident.

Love your post and could not agree more!

:)

Erin

Anonymous said...

i think your pink hair is AMAZING.