Thursday, October 20, 2011

~Not Always Perfect~

Good morning too all my crafty friends! :)

It's funny because even after all this time in scrapbooking and
all the pubs, I still have those not so perfect moments where I
want to tear up a card or layout and start over.

But lately I have been just setting it aside instead.
Resisting the urge to purge the project! haha
This is one of those cards I was not happy with but I set it aside.
I always make cards for the soldiers and local Veteran's hospital
and I have little boxes I ship off with the cards.
So I got to thinking..."Hey this might not be the greatest card
I ever made but why toss it?? Why not donate it, it's not horrible! LOL"
Note to self...don't get frustrated, it's only paper and glue!!

On a side note, do you like that clock stamp?? I got the set for 1.50!!
Along with a Tim Holtz clock die for 3.00!!
At a yard sale of all places...so I am pretty stocked.
The card is Ruby Rock-It papers and embellishments, it is safely
tucked into my donation box, right where it belongs *smile*.
Have a wonderful Thursday, don't forget to enter the giveaway
from Monday! I will draw a winner tomorrow!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Emily D. said...

I think it is a fabulous card! It's funny how we are our own worst critics. I'm happy to hear that it is going to a great cause. :)

Kelly Sas said...

We are always our worst critics. I really LOVE this card Pinky. I especially love the sentiment with the clock. Colors are good too. Everyone's taste is different so it just might not be your taste, but it sure is mine!

Tracy J said...

I happen to like this card....and what an amazing idea!!! :)

Dawnll said...

Wow we are so alike! I have a pile of cards I don't like, sometimes when my weekly group gets together in my craft cave- someone will sure enough go to that pile and make a creation out of something in there.
Last night I sat and finished 50 cards to mail to the soldiers.
Yes it is only paper
Your card is really a nice design and will be appreciated

Ziggyeor said...

It's an awesome card :) I need to make more cards for those causes too.

D said...

What a great deal! I think it's a great idea to donate any cards you aren't in love with. Though I think this one is really pretty!! Have a great weekend :)