Wednesday, October 5, 2011

~Halloween Decor & How To + Video Tutorial~

Good morning crafty friends! :)

I sat down the last 2 days and made this fun BOO Banner using
And here is a quick video on how I embossed the bats.
(In the video I show how to emboss a flower, but the same
technique can be used for anything that will fit in the folder.)
After I embossed each bat (ok my son did it for me LOL)
I took Jet Black Stazon Ink and rubbed it on each bat, then
I rubbed it over the edges to add a little more darkness.
Then I took Clearsnap Charcoal glitter, and glittered all the edges.
Around each bat, it not only added bling but covered any adhesive.
I used Beacon Fabri-Tac for this because Beacon is so amazing on
Clear Scraps acrylic, it does not crack or yellow or fall apart later.
For the BOO title I used Glue Arts U CUT Rais'ems to pop them
up and added green glass beads around the middle O for some SNAZ~
Since I wanted to add green pearls as the ribbon strands, and I
could not find them in GREEN, I used my handy dandy Smooch Spritz.
In Citrus Tickle, I just sprayed them down and it gave the pearls
a fun green hue. I love it!
I feel like now I need to say Easy Breezy Beautiful..... hahaha

Anyways a fun Halloween banner...Loves it!~
Happy Hump Day Everyone! I am off to bake and cook for my little
American Horror Story premiere party tonight.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Dawnll said...

Great job with the distressed look - embossing and inking.
Like the quick videos sweetie

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

I loooooove it!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Oct 09:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Emily D. said...

This banner totally rocks!!! I love everything about it!!!

melody said...

whoa..now that is one rawkin kewl banner...love it!

The Craftin Mama said...

I love the way this came out!! I didn't realize that the smooch spritz grabs that well to the pearl's surface!! Thanks for sharing!
Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net