Monday, June 14, 2010

~I learn something new every day!~

Good morning! I am running late today
because we had a VERY late baseball practice lastnight.
All the boys were involved and hubby too.
It was great but I have bug bites from here to Christmas
on my legs this morning! *OUCH*

I am always learning new things, every day
is a learning experience in my life.
Today I got to thinking that Father's Day was
right around the corner so I better
step up and make a card.
BUT, I wanted to make an acrylic card
*I never have before*
I had no clue how to make one besides attaching it
with rings or paper.
Sooo...I got to thinking...IF my 1040 Purple Cows Trimmer
can cut acrylic...I wonder??? Can it score acrylic too?
And make a neat fold???
Well guess what?? IT CAN!
It took 2 tries to get it right but if you run the score blade
over the acrylic 4 times, it makes a fold line.
And you can just fold the acrylic like you would paper!
That is exactly what I did!

Aren't these little tags cute from Bella BLVD?
I cut them up and used my Helmar Zapdots to pop some of them
up for added dimension and fun.
VERY simple card (because that is how this
card chick rolls). But fun and I think he will love it!

Oh and BTW the paper is on the inside not the outside.

~OK off to tournaments all week long~
GO TEAM BULLDOGS!
You just might have to endure some baseball mom
pictures later this week LOL

~Thank YOU for stopping by for a visit~
~Have a great Monday~
Don't forget those Father's Day Cards!!!
~Pinky~

8 comments:

Manhattan Mandie said...

Love this idea! Gonna have to scraplift you :)

Tona said...

I have never made anything with acrylic before. Your card turned out great.

Heather said...

Great card!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh Pinky! CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!!! How perfect....and he can save it and display it so the whole world can see.....lovin that! Bring on those baseball mom pix girly! I am gonna have berry pickin pix in a few days if all goes well and the berries are FINALLY ripe!! Always fun to get the littlest out there and for us to get totally messy :)

Unknown said...

Oh the berry picking sounds like so much fun!

MoMo sprnany said...

OMG!! Fathers day card! Of course! I knew I was forgetting something! It's a fantastic card Pinky. I've never done anything with acrylic...guess I need to get on the ball! TFS

Unknown said...

I went over to Imaginisce blog to check out the post about my friend's scrapbook store. Scrappin Friendzee in Louisiana and when I got to the blog you were the first post to great me. WOw

Kim. said...

Hey Pinky this is a brilliant idea for a fathers days card, love the wording all so true of so many fathers. I think the acrylic gives a great look especially for a male card. Have a great game.
Kim xXx