Tuesday, December 16, 2008

~Tuesday~

Good morning to all, and Merry Christmas.
It has been a rough couple days filled with my baby being very sick
and breathing treatments, etc....

But I did promise to post instructions on how to make the ornament....I had so many requests...so here it is....and I have not forgotten tonight's drawing! So I will be back.

(on a quick side note...
Cosmo Cricket just placed one of my Lo's in their gallery!

Click here)


The first step is to CUT TEN 2" squares...or even 3" But let me tell you it will be HUGE
If you cut 3" or larger!. I did on this one as an experiment and it has ended up ON TOP of
my tree as a star!
Step two is to fold 5 squares in half corner to corner....
with one side showing and then the opposite on the other 5.
Next you lay them flat and fold one side in and then the other leaving a slight lip for glue.

Then you glue along this line BUT REMEMBER
***VERY IMPORTANT*** this is NOT a flat ornament so do not glue the flaps down.
It is a cylinder...so just glue the seams together and leave it popped up.
When that is all done you can start piecing the 10 pieces together.
It should look like this.
Now Glue the seams together..
do not overlap them just glue them right on the creases you made before


And of course you have seen the finished product.
One you cover the seams with ribbon or pearls and add a button you are good to go!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good day!
~Pinky~

21 comments:

Meg said...

Very cool tutorial! And congrats on the Cosmo Cricket layout :)

scrappin_mom3 said...

Thanks for the tutorial Cristal!! Those are so cute I can't wait to do one! And Congrats on that Merry & Bright LO in the Cosmo Cricket Gallery!! I love that LO!!

Lisa said...

Pinky.......very cool ornament girl! Thanks for the instructions! That's awesome about your layout being on the cosmo cricket site.....very cool layout too by the way!

Jillene said...

LOVE them!! Thanks for the instructions on how to make them!!

Jingle said...

Thank you so much for the instructions! These are gorgeous and would make lovely gift toppers that can then be hung on the tree!

Taffy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! you've done a wonderful job and i love your tuts! you go w/your badself! :)

Tracey said...

Thanks for the tutorial!! And congrats on the CC layout!!

ellen s. said...

oh great tut! and great job on the cosmo lo!

my son was on a neb for 3 years, sometimes every four hours for days. it was serious at times and scary so if you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to me.

Anonymous said...

These are awesome ornaments - I just made one and plan on making more to attach to the top of christmas gifts so everyone will get an ornament too!!!! Thanks!!!

Georgina said...

that ornament is beautiful..thanks for posting the instructions.. I may just have to try it..hope your baby is feeling better =( ...and congrats on the gorgeous LO Cosmo cricket posted..woo-hoo.. =)

Jenny B in Indy said...

I love love LOVE this and will be trying to make one of these tonight!!!

BTW, you have a blog award from me.. Snag it off my blog when you have time. You ROCK, chica!

java diva said...

It's just gorgeous!! How easy, thank you so much!

Betsy said...

Thanks for the directions!!! These are so pretty!

Julie Overby said...

I love this Pinky!! Great job!!

maddy hill said...

love it love it - totally fab thanks for the tutorial !
maddy x

Jocelyn said...

So sorry that your baby is so sick! Check out my blog, I posted an award to you! Thanks for the tutorial, such cute ornaments!

Kray said...

Thanks Cristal....I need to make one....it looked difficult to make, however, your instructions made it so much easier.

Shirley said...

Well, you already know what happened to me when I tried these! lol!

pjwlee said...

Cyrstal,
Those ornaments are really nicea dn easy, TFS.

scrappin_mom3 said...

ooh, I made three of them and I'm gonna give them to Jaedon's pre-school teacher for gifts. You'll have to stop by my blog to check them out--I added an extrax layer to them and I love it!! Thanks for the instructions again!

melody said...

girl..that tutorial RAWKS..and WOW..lovin that ornament..i so gotta try that! thankx for the inspiration!