Sunday, December 7, 2008

~It's beginning to look alot like Christmas SUNDAY~


Well, I finally decided on a Christmas card for our family this year, and well, this is IT. hehe
I used black felt for the belt and my XL Fiskars "You Bracket, You Bought It" Squeeze Punch for the belt buckle. And of course lots of gold stickles.
Now honestly I never thought I would get much use out of this punch, but I won it so I kept it (which is rare usually I give away what I win). But lastnight at midnight, I was damn happy I kept that punch.
I like the card overall. I do need some darker red cardstock to finish it all up.
And here is what I spent yesterday doing.
Now I am from OREGON and used to big old beautiful trees.
The one thing I cannot get used to in the south is the bushy lightweight bare trees they have.
It was 20 degrees here in TN and a windy ass cold day!
But we donned out coats and went tree hunting.
Now granted this is a pretty tree but by golly it took us OVER 1 hour to find this thing LOL
And I am afraid to put ornaments on it!
Those branches are so flimsy and soft...its like a weak tree.
So for now we only have lights until I get the courage to try and put ornaments on it.
Now don't get me wrong I am happy with the tree, and I will get used to this...but it will take me a couple years I think.
The boys had fun chopping it down and that's what counts!



Well, off to my family today! There are pictures to take and groceries to buy.
Have a beautiful Sunday
~Pinky~

16 comments:

Jillene said...

The card is ADORABLE!! Right up my alley!! Matter of fact my husband fashioned some santa belly ornaments for my tree this year and I LOVE them (you can see them on the most recent post if you are interested).

You will get used to the tree!! I have a fake one and always have. I got a new one this year is it looks SO real--I LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

Love the card it looks so fun and easy!

Oh man. The boyfriend and I went tree searching lol. And it took me a while to decide which one to get. I am surprised that you dont have all different kinds of trees. I know a lot of the tree places around here ship to everywhere! lol. Sorry about the flimsy tree. better get some lightweight ornaments! hahaha. :D make your own! Out of paper! :D heheh.

Tona said...

Cute card & great picture of the boys and the tree.

Lorie said...

I love the card! What a clever idea!

Holly said...

What a neat card.

I understand on the tree. We went fake this year although I think you'd like it. It's pink with feathers instead of needles.

Sara said...

That card is so CUTE! Great idea for the punch. I am mighty glad to be back in Oregon this year and will be hunting for my perfect tree in a week or so. I'm sure your tree will look GREAT when it's dressed! ;)

Anonymous said...

That card is too cute!!! Your tree is just lovely and Im sure it will hold your ornaments. Have a great day!!

Jenny B in Indy said...

It's a pretty tree but yeah, I lived in Oregon for a while and I know what ya mean.. Much better trees there. Still, a great tree. Have fun decorating it! We do fake and I'm okay with that :)

Jocelyn said...

Just love the card. I did one like that last year and I used the flip tops off of of coke cans as the belt buckle. It turned out cute! Love your tree and the pic of the boys with the tree! What fun to cut your own tree down. We do FAKE! I would love to do real, but we never do!

Nikki said...

love the card!!!! great use of brackets, yr so crafty! have a happy sunday!

Kray said...

Very cute card! I bet the boys had a great time picking out the tree! Can't wait to see the layouts!

scrappin_mom3 said...

Very cute card Cristal, I'm doin my family card on Wednesday night with the ladies at our monthly crop--hopefully...and so brave you and your family are for doing the real tree...we did it one year and lets's just say that by Christmas day we had the Charlie Brown Christmas tree...LOL!! It's was so funny, we vowed to never do it again...

Bamabel said...

Love the card gf! So cute!

And the pic of the boys getting the tree! That will look great scrapped! Glad you are getting your decorations out!

Hope you are feeling better too!

Karin Leveillee said...

That is such a great idea for using the punch. Beautiful card indeed.

Liz said...

It does look full but maybe the branches just aren't the same old strong ones.. darn... I put up my FAKE tree lastnight.. took forever~ yikes!

Pepper said...

Your card rocks! Great use of that punch! Beautiful tree, too! And here I sit, treeless in Oregon, but definitely taken care of in the snow division ;) Do you miss that?! haha