Monday, February 11, 2008

True Love Layout

I bought this KI Lace paper a while ago and it was hard for me to cut into it at 1.26 a sheet LOL
The rest of the LO is cheap WalMart cardstock paper.
And regular black cardstock. I sure wish all the black matched up better! LOL
I painted all the lace paper. The folded flower is Heidi Swapp of course!

I decided to make a page of Andrew and I that was honest and frank about our love.
I get tired of hearing about high school sweethearts and the perfect love, when people can in fact find a true and pure love even after a divorce or a child and drug use, I mean whatever!
Sometimes it just takes time to find the perfect mate for yourself and judgment of relationships is just petty and ridiculous.

Andrew and I met when we moved in next door to each other, he had a kid and I was dating a Dr. in Chicago. My life was crazy, but I never found a man before that I could open up to about being molested and abused. Nor a man who would help me and hold me up while I faced my abusers and stand by me and help me shout it to the world. I mean he made copies of my book and mailed it off to over 25 people! He stood by me when I got criticized and people looked down on me for what happened to me. He stood up and told people to shut up and listen!
And we held each other when we foudn out about his MS and everything else.
I meant for the journaling to say Andrew needed a mother for his son, but I mis-wrote LOL and just said he needed a mother *oops* LOL Oh well that is the fun of scrap booking, you make mistakes and its ok.

I like the grungy feel of the staples and black inking. I had fun doing this one. I felt like the dirtier inky feeling was like us....not perfect and not ideal but beautiful and fun and funky in it's own way.



1 comment:

Cat said...

That is so pretty! NICE JOB!