Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Collateral Damage


Once again I am sort of surprised by Scrap booking and how it affects one emotionally.
I have always felt as if I did not have a family....not a real family anyways.

I mean I have 5 siblings and we were all abused together and cannot even speak or sit in the same room now. Abuse takes such a hard affect on a family.
We were raised in a dog eat dog environment. Where ONLY the strongest got attention and food for that matter! Forced to abuse our siblings as well. So no one gets along now. We all disagree on how to raise kids, how we feel about the abuse, who abused us and who is better than the other. I don't think that so many people who are marred can expect to get along and I have come to terms with that.
It's ok, it is sort of the Collateral Damage of abuse.
And I understand and deal with that.

But one person has always stood out in my life....Julie, she came into my life when I was out of the house, she was my dad's second wife. She treated me better than anyone I had ever met and her daughters have come to be my real family. Currently I am working on an album for them and I was scrapping lastnight thinking of my journaling, and I was comforted by the fact that yes in fact i do have a family.
No I am not next door and No we do not have the same mother, but maybe where it counts in love and spirit, it is better than blood.
So thank you Scrapbooking for giving me comfort by facing my reality.

1 comment:

Ziggyeor said...

I love your LO and can't begin to imagine what your 'family' means to you. Good luck with the rest of your LO's :D

Ziggy