Friday, February 10, 2012

~Baby Canvas To Match Lion King~

Good morning my friends,

I had a call from my gf last week who asked me if I could make
a frame with a name in it for a baby's room. It needed to match this
Lion King bedding set.
No pressure there right?? LOL Anyways I dove in because I
remembered this great brown Momenta paper.
You see in the set that it's not black like the usual leopard print
it is all brown, so it matched perfectly!
Since the room was so ornate and I could not match the Lion King
I decided to keep it very monotone and simple.
I painted it, then added layers of Momenta papers.
I cut the leaves and name with my die cutting machine, then
added ribbon around the edges. I actually love the end result!
It is soft and has a nice baby feel.
I hope she will love it!
Thanks to my friend Bettye who gave me a coupon in Hobby Lobby,
this project came in at around 10.00, not too bad! :)
Ok off to tend to my boy today....Have a wonderful Friday my friends.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

Ohh that's so cute! Yeah for coupons :)

Drayia said...

Very cute and LOVE that ribbon. It matches very well and will look great in the baby's room.

Christa said...

Pinky, thanks for the great idea! I love this plaque. Very well done

Shannon Colon, TheIrishScrapper said...

It came out awesome! I love the simplicity for a baby room! Thanks for sharing! Shannon

SherriB said...

You did a perfect job on Dawson's name plate! It matches the theme perfectly! Awesome and thanks for sharing it with us.