So I have a little story today if y'all will bear with me.
Most of you who follow along with my blog- well you know I add in
alot of my life and 100% of my heart always.
And if you know me you know a huge part of my life is cooking
for my 3 boys and hubby. I may not be perfect or thin but I try
to make sure we have natural foods and home cooked meals most
of the time. It is very important to me, and I definitely share my love
through my food. I am often told I am like an old Italian grandmother
minus the grandma part- but you will always find food in my kitchen.
So when I came across this Farmhouse kit from Creating Made Easy
and saw all the recipe cards from Farmhouse in it, I knew I wanted to
make a "Secret Recipe" book for my boys.
Now since I have 3 boys and NO girls, I knew I wanted it to be beautiful
but not all flowery and glittery, I just wanted it to be from the heart.
The Clear Scraps Recipe Stand Album was perfect and I was happy to make it.
Here is how I created this album:
- To create acrylic cover: Trim out patterned paper to 4X6.
- Punch off borders using Martha Stewart Border punch.
- Run page through Xyron® 5" Creative Station™ w/ 5” Creative Station Permanent Refill.
- Adhere to album cover page.
- Run the album chipboard pages through Xyron® 5" Creative Station™ w/ 5” Creative Station Permanent Refill.
- Cover with paper. (no muss no fuss!)
- Trim off excess.
- Flip chipboard page over and repeat.
- For acrylic pages: Take recipe cards- run though Xyron® 5" Creative Station™ w/ 5” Creative Station Permanent Refill, adhere to acrylic pages (make sure to turn pages the right way I ruined 4 placing them upside down on the acrylic!)
- Using Silhouette Cameo and Farmhouse papers, cut out "SECRET RECIPES".
- Using Xyron® 1.5" Sticker Maker- run letters through X.
- Adhere Title to album cover page.
- Using Farmhouse stickers- apply stickers to back of album.
- Using hole punch or Crop-A-Dile- punch holes in each page.
- Run metal ring through.
That's it! 19 special recipes in this 10 page album of acrylic and chipboard
and Xyron worked for both with EASE!
I can't wait to give this to my boys. My oldest is turning 18 this year and
it's going to be a big year. The perfect time to start thinking of these items.