Monday, August 25, 2014

Clear Scraps + Imagine Crafts- Wood Grain Technique

 Hey again friends, Happy Monday!
So Clear Scraps & Imagine Crafts has paired up this week and I have 
a cool technique I created while I was playing. 
I used irRESISTible sprays and a blow dryer to create a cracked wood grain effect. 
I created this Build It Your Way Binder (wait until I share the pages inside)
and wanted to cover the fence in texture, then I began playing with the 
irRESISTible spray in COPPER and BRONZE and I coated the binder spine
with them mixing the colors, I thought it kind of reminded me of wood
 So I saturated it- I should meant ion I taped off the acrylic first. 
After saturating it, I left it 20 minutes to get a little bit of a crust on it, 
then I took a blow dryer and heated it for about 10 minutes which gave it 
a cool crackled wood affect. 
It looks like aged wood really well in person too. 
For the Clear Scraps Fence Mixers I used the Wedding Dress irRESISTible spray but I didn't
get to it with the blow dryer quick enough to make it wooden (I wish I had),
so I dried it then I inked it using StazOn inks in Emerald City and Cactus Green. 
 I wrapped flowers and stems around the fence adhering it onto the 
album cover, after adding the laces. 
 These Imagine Crafts products are so amazing even if you are not a mixed media
guru (I am definitely NOT) it's for the every day crafter too just for amazing
ideas and new techniques!
TRY the blow dryer!!!!! :) 

Check out Clear Scraps and 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Raechelle Bellus said...

this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the effect!

barbara macaskill said...

This is absolutely spectacular!!! LOVE everything about it! TFS!

cghundley said...

Your binder came
out so neat, love
the 'wooden' look!
Carla from Utah

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

You are so clever!! Love the wood grain effect and the fence wrapped with flowers, especially! Fabulous!