Monday, December 9, 2013

Xyron 30 Days Of Holiday Project Ideas Part 2!

Good morning friends and welcome to 
Xyron's 30 Days Of Holiday Project Ideas Part 2!
Well Part 2 from me that is. I created this these 
Christmas Candle holders.
 With all these paper projects that make home decor items
it's really hard to find the perfect adhesive for the larger
die cuts and intricate cuts as well and one that makes it easy
and you know will LAST!!
This is where the  Xyron 9" Creative Station comes in handy!
 So today I am going to share my secret- and how to create your own 
Christmas candle holders. (I used electric tealights not real fire).
Use die cut machine to cut out Christmas Candle Holder shapes.
Or handcut from templates online (there are hundreds!)
Carefully remove die cuts from matting. 
Place Candle Holder die cuts into Xyron 9" Creative Station
Rub over intricate shapes and cuts very well to remove all excess adhesive. 
Place adhesive side down onto iridescent paper or vellum. 
Trim off excess with scissors. (This leaves a lovely iridescent window!)
Use your Xyron Mega Runner to apply adhesive to the edges. 
Assemble Candle Holder. 
Add glitter and stickles as needed or desired. 
That's it! Easy and functional and if you pack them away right, they
will last for years! You would be surprised at how many project I have 
from years ago that I used Xyron on and they still come out every Christmas!
I love the window too- perfect for the holidays and a soft accent. 
For this project I used the :Xyron 9" Creative StationXyron Mega Runner,
Crate Paper Bundled Up patterned papers, Silhouette Cameo, Stickles, 
and Clearsnap Glitter. 

I hope you have a wonderful Monday my friends, 
PLEASE come back and say hello!
I hope you enjoyed my project idea! I was excited to share it!

Don't forget to hop onto the other days of ideas from
the incredible designers!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Linda Storey said...

Neat project. Thanks for sharing your talents!
Merry Christmas!