Tuesday, November 26, 2013

30 Days Of Holiday Project Ideas w/ Xyron- Goodwill Find!

Welcome to Xyron's 30 Days Of Holiday Project Ideas!

It's my turn to be all Xyron-crafty and today I have a BIG project
to share- this 13X20 frame I found at Goodwill for 1.99 and turned 
it into this Holiday Fun Dry Erase Board. 
And I took photos the entire process so you can make your own!
I even photographed the 1.99 sticker- because I was super excited!
 First I took the woodgrain frame and painted it gold. 
 As it dried, I started the dry erase board areas. 
I used my Crafter's Companion embossing folder (amazeballs!)

 That was for the middle "window pane".
I used the Maya Road Alphabet- running them through
the Xyron® 5" Creative Station™with the top side down. 
 So that I could apply the glitter!! WOOT! Glitter!
journaling cards on the 12X12 sheet- they were perfect
for each window which was around 3X5. 
 I trimmed them out to 3.5X5.5 and matches up Clear Scraps acrylic. 
 I ran each piece of paper through the Xyron® 5" Creative Station™

 Then laid the acrylic onto the sticker side. 
 Then peeled off the other side of the protective film. 
dry erase boards I created into place while I put the backing 
for the frame back on. I also used the Xyron® 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots
on the inside of the back of the frame to keep it all in place!
 Then I adhered the snowflakes and letters on. 
 And added some pearl dots and a big fluffy ribbon to hang it. 
 I was excited to hang it and couldn't resist when
a sweet 9 year old came to visit and asked for it.
 Of course I gave it to the sweet cupcake! :) 
I hope you enjoyed my project idea! I was excited to share it!
Don't forget to hop onto the other days of ideas from
the incredible designers!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily D. said...

I love this Pinky!! What a wonderful project!!

Dorothy said...

This is a great idea!! Good score on the frame!!